Eye and Vision Exams with our Friendswood Optometrist
A pair of human eyes sees a great many changes over time, from the earliest vision development in childhood to the ocular changes that commonly accompany aging. But one thing holds true for eyes of all ages: the need for regular comprehensive eye exams. If you're looking for a reliable source of high-quality eye exams in Friendswood TX, look no further than our optometry team at Twenty 20 Vision Center.
The Importance of a Comprehensive Eye and Vision Exam
It's so easy to take vision for granted -- and yet that's exactly what you shouldn't do. Changes in your visual acuity can occur so gradually that your vision may be sub-par without your even realizing it. Even more ominous is the prospect of underlying eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, or macular degeneration, which can steal your vision slowly but surely over a period of years. These diseases do progressive, irreparable damage without timely intervention. Scheduling an annual eye and vision exam from either optometrist on our team prevents these threats from going unchecked. By detecting and treating any issues we may find, we can help you, your kids, and your grandparents enjoy optimal eyesight for years to come.
A Variety of Exams and Techniques From Your Friendswood Optometrist
Children get three major eye exams by the time they enter school, after which they and their parents will benefit from annual exams. Seniors over 60 definitely need annual exams as their eyes become more disease-prone. Your Friendswood optometrist at Twenty20 Vision Center can perform a number of helpful tests as part of a routine eye and vision exam. These include:
- Slit lamp testing - A slit lamp is a device for looking at the front of the eye under illumination and magnification, revealing cataracts and corneal problems.
- Retinal evaluation - Viewing your retinas helps us catch problems such as macular degeneration.
- Contact lens exams - These exams measure your eyes while helping us select your ideal contacts.
- Tonometry - Tonometry checks your eyes' fluid pressure for possible glaucoma.
- Eye function tests - Viewing machines and other equipment enable us to check your eyes' ability to work together for optimal vision.
- Eye chart testing - By studying how well you can read various sizes of text on an eye chart, we can determine whether you may need corrective lenses to compensate for refractive errors.
Schedule Your Exam Today with Twenty 20 Vision Center in Friendswood, TX
Whether you're overdue for your own eye exam or you need to schedule exams for other members of the family, call Twenty 20 Vision Center in Friendswood, TX at (281) 648-1910 today. We can help safeguard your loved ones' sight!